Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thanks Oprah, now so have I...


Tell us the title:
She's Come Undone

Who penned this work?:
Wally Lamb

How did this piece find it's way to your nightstand?:
I think I saw it recommended in a magazine and then found it at the library

Number of pages:
465

Time passed from start to finish?:
A week or two

Describe the cover:


In what section of the bookstore would a reader find this?:
Fiction

Summary of the basic plot:
The story follows the journey of a girl from childhood into adulthood.  Along the way, she encounters many heartbreaking an traumatic situations.  I could go into more detail than that, but there's a summary.

What did you think of it? (your general response, what you liked or didn't like, what you learned, anything else you want to share about it):
I felt about the same emotional overwhelm while reading this as I felt watching the movie Rachel Getting Married.  It totally stressed me out.  Interestingly enough, I was more impacted by contemplating my stress over this than I was by the story itself. 

Which page was your favorite? Share why:
Probably the pages with the whales.  That would be the one in the middle of the story because it felt like a transforming moment.  And at the end of the book because it was nice and then it was over.

If the story was made into a movie, who would you cast as the main characters?
No idea.
Share a quote that was worth reading twice. Explain why:
Ummmm...I just spent ten minutes trying to figure this out and I do not know.
I shall continue working on this question.


Choose your rating:
 - Changed. My. Life.
     - I laughed, I cried, I want you to read it
    - A definite page-turner
Somewhere Between...
    - Good to check out but don't spend the cash.
and
      - Why did I waste my weekend on this?
     - A disgrace to paper everywhere

Flip to page 2, 22, or 202. Share the 7th sentence on the page. 
"You know anything about tropical fish?"

No comments:

Post a Comment