Sunday, October 31, 2010

I can't come up with a creative title for this waste of time book

The title: 
Fearless Fourteen


Who penned this work?:
Janet Evanovich


How did this piece find it's way to your nightstand?:
At Target every Tuesday we all head to electronics to see what the new releases are.  This author had a new book come out and my manager said she had read a different book by her and said it was "hilarious." So I head to the library, which is the smallest library in the world, and find a book by her.


Number of pages:
310


Time passed from start to finish?:
Three weeks or so, only reading it at work on my breaks. 

Describe the cover:
It's hot pink.  With the author and the title on it. Boring.


In what section of the bookstore would a reader find this?:
Fiction  

Summary of the basic plot:
(I had to steal this from a website because I couldn't come up with anything good to say)
bounty hunter Plum finds herself caring for a gaming-obsessed teenage boy, and embroiled in the middle of a bungled bank robbery.


Background information on the story/author:
She is somehow a #1 best selling author based on the books that are about this bounty hunter.  I'm pretty sure I won't read any more of these so called #1 books. 

What did you think of it? (your general response, what you liked or didn't like, what you learned, anything else you want to share about it):
obviously I've stated my dislike for this book enough.  It felt like i was listening to a boring acquaintance tell me a story, that really doesn't have a point, and even if it does have a point, it's a very very boring story that I try and find a way to get out of listening.  But since I can't do it, I listen to the very terrible end. 

Which page was your favorite? Share why:
Umm the last page. Because it meant I was done. 

If the story was made into a movie, who would you cast as the main characters?
Hmm who is an actress I don't really like?  Probably the mom from Weeds because I've watched 9 episodes of the show and still don't like her.  She could do this stupid role. 

Share a quote that was worth reading twice. Explain why:
Sorry, I can't do that to anyone.  Especially myself, opening that book again.


           Choose your rating:

          - Changed. My. Life.
          
- I laughed, I cried, I want you to read it
          - A definite page-turner
          - Good to check out but don't spend the cash.
          - Why did I waste my weekend on this?
          - A disgrace to paper everywhere

Flip to page 2, 22, or 202. Share the 7th sentence on the page. 
They are all stupid sentences.  I won't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment